Table of Contents Show
Is your Whirlpool refrigerator acting up and not cooling as it should? Don’t worry, there’s a simple solution that you can try before calling for professional help. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of resetting your Whirlpool refrigerator compressor, which can often resolve common issues and get your appliance back to optimal functioning.
Note: Before attempting any troubleshooting or resetting of the compressor, make sure to unplug your refrigerator from the power source to ensure your safety.
Locating the Reset Button
First, let’s find the reset button on your Whirlpool refrigerator compressor. The location of the reset button can vary depending on the model, but it is usually located at the back of the fridge, near the bottom, or on the side. Look for a small red button labeled ‘Reset’ or ‘Restart.’
Once you’ve located the reset button, you’re ready to move on to the next step.
Resetting the Compressor
Now that you’ve found the reset button, it’s time to reset the compressor. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold the reset button for about 5-10 seconds. You may need a pen or a small tool to reach the button.
- After releasing the reset button, wait for about a minute to allow the compressor to reset completely.
- Plug your refrigerator back into the power source.
- Wait for a few minutes and listen for a clicking or humming sound. This indicates that the compressor has successfully reset.
Remember, each Whirlpool refrigerator model may have slight variations, so consult your user manual for specific instructions if needed.
Testing Your Refrigerator
After resetting the compressor, it’s time to test your refrigerator to see if the issue has been resolved. Here are a few things you can do:
- Set the temperature to the recommended setting and wait for a few hours to see if the fridge starts cooling.
- Check the freezer for any signs of frost buildup. Excessive frost could be an indication of a problem with the defrost system.
- Listen for any unusual noises or vibrations. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, it’s best to contact a professional technician for further assistance.
If your refrigerator still doesn’t cool effectively or if you encounter any other issues, it’s recommended to contact Whirlpool customer service or a certified technician to diagnose and fix the problem.
Resetting the Whirlpool refrigerator compressor can often be a simple yet effective solution for common cooling issues. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can get your refrigerator back up and running without needing professional help.
Remember, safety is paramount, so always unplug your appliance before attempting any troubleshooting. If the problem persists or you’re unsure about any step, don’t hesitate to contact a professional technician.